Request medication HERE using our accurx request function.
The easiest way to order is either to use the accurx link above or one of the following methods:
- Online – Using our online prescription request function. Please ask at reception if you would like to sign up to our online services.
- EPS – The practice has gone live with Electronic Prescribing Service (EPS) so all you need to do is complete a form at a pharmacy of your choice to nominate them.
Our repeat prescription service is computer controlled. Please give 48 hours notice and try to collect your prescription after 12pm Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday and Friday and before 12 on a Thursday.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Online Medication Requests without Patient Access login
If you do not have a patient access log in you can still submit an online medication request using our online triage tool.
If this is medication that you have not used recently or is not regularly used you may find that you are contacted by one of the practice team for further information if this is not clear from your request.
To submit a request please click here.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.